As the narrowest ski in Alpina's Discovery Nordic backcountry series, the Discovery 68 Touring Ski blends the smooth-gliding on-trail capabilities of a narrow cross country ski with the off-track adventure capabilities of a backcountry model. With a 60mm waist width, the Discovery 68 is narrow enough to glide efficiently on groomed trails while giving you the stability you'll want when you duck off the beaten path to explore fresh powder. Unlike Alpina's other lines, the Discovery series utilizes steel edges, which hang on tight in hard or variable snow conditions.
The Discovery 68 features a poplar wood core for fluid and easy flex, meaning you won't have to fight the ski to get maximum performance. An embossed waxless base allows the ski to glide freely on flats or downhill sections while still maintaining balanced control and easy forward motion on the uphills. Plus, waxless bases require less maintenance than their wax-requiring counterparts. Prepare to see the Discovery 68 in your garage and on your feet for years to come.
- Stay on-trail or duck off on this adaptable touring ski
- Versatile 60mm width glides on hardpack and floats in pow
- Steel edges lend grip and control on inconsistent snow
- Lively wood core provides stability and a nimble feel
- Waxless base glides consistently on the climb or descent
- Durable topsheet gives the ski added longevity
Skis: Alpina Discovery 68
Bindings: BC Auto 25/15
Poles: BC XC Pole